Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chandelier Birthday Card


I made a birthday card and tried to do something out of the box for me. I went with a black and white theme. It is definitely more edgy than usual for me.

I Used
- Sophicated Cartridge: chandelier
- PK Glitz: glitter
- Jolee: Rhinestone
- Seam Binding
- Grey Pencil for shading
- Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress for shading on edges
- Papertrey Ink (PTI) Canvas Impression Plate
- Tattered Angels Coco Creme
- Close to My Heart (CTMH) sentiment "Best wishes to you"

Here's How
I cut the chandelier at about 4 1/4. I used a black and white glitter paper for the chandelier and white paper for the candles and middle section of the chandelier. When I arranged the candels on the chandelier before I pasted it, I realized that they looked very flat. I pulled out the distress pad and blended some antique linen on the edges to give it some depth. I also used the grey pencil to add some shading especially on that white middle part. You can see the detail a little better in the close-up. I add some glitter for flames and my candles were done!


Next, I took some black cardstock and used the PTI Canvas Impression Plate. I love this impression plate because it is so subtle. Then I spritz it with Coco Creme by Tattered Angels to give it a glow as if came from the candels.

I started off with a 5 x 7 card but it just looked wrong so I made it into a square card (5 x 5). It still needed something and I added some seam binding. I wasn't sure if stamping on seam binding would work but it did! YES! I tried it first on a scrap piece of binding. I was so excited when it worked out. Can't you tell? The sentiment is from the Art Philosophy kit by CTMH. Last, I added some bling from Jolee and my step out of the box was done... Now I'm going back into my box... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :)