Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Dance As If No One is Watching


I made this card for the Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge but I have been dying to use these stamps by Close to My Heart (CTMH). They are so beautiful and full of movement. Dancers caught in action...

I Used- Ribbons and Rosettes Cartridge - Lacey Labels Cartridge- Muscial Flourish Embossing Folder (it's becoming a favorite)- CTMH "Aspire" stamps- I-Rock turquoise rhinestones-

Here's HowI cut the border at an 1 1/8 using the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge. I cut the cream colored rectangle using a paper trimmer at 1 1/4. I added turquoise rhinestones on the tops and middle. I thought about putting them on the bottom of the border, but it was a little over the top. So I stopped myself!

I stamped the dancer on the scalloped oval and brushed on some Perfect Pearls for a light glow. It also helped to tone down the color of the ink which was darker than the paper. I stamped the sentiment on a cream colored rectangle and added three rhinestones.

Last, I embossed the turquoise paper with Muscial Flourish. The paper was too long for the folder so I embossed what fit first. Then I carefully placed the part that wasn't embossed in the folder and embossed the last 1/2 inch.

I think it came out great and the picture actually shows it. I guess I should have used my Canon with the other cards instead of my phone. It really does make a difference... duh..
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by :)