Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Journey to Bethleham

 
Posted by Picasa

I Used:
- New Testament (Mary, Joseph, palm trees)
- Art Philosophy (star - someone said it looked like the sun. Whoops! Maybe the color was too bright.)
- Stickles for the star
- Que Sera, Sera paper for background by K and Co.
- We r Memory Keepers Corner Chompers 1/2
- .20 Micron Pen

Here's How
I wanted to make a meaningful Christmas card for my mother. I waited impatiently for this cartridge to come out so I could use it right away :)

I cut the Mary and Joseph images out at about 3 inches. These images were supposed to be cut at 5.5 but rules are meant to be broken... at least, I really hoped at the time I was contemplating cutting them smaller. I had to be super careful taking the images off my mat after I cut because some of them were really fine like the walking stick Jospeh uses. I broke that by mistake when I took it off too fast.

I assembled the pieces and found that the faces (again, I know!) could not really be seen well. So out came my Micron pen and added details to the faces - eyes and mouths. I also did a little shading with my pencils. The palm trees came out just fine and needed no modifications.

I cut the star at an inch and half. I used the gypsy to manipulate the image a little by making the sides thinner so it was more like an oval than a circle. I used Stickles to make it glitter.

I tore some paper in three shades of brown for the small hills. Last, I added some cream colored twine on the side. It came together pretty quickly :) I think my mom will like it a lot.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I found your blog after you posted a comment on the Paper Boutique. I am so glad I found you. Love your blog -even the title and ee cummings quote! Just delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)