Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rejoice! Christmas Card

 
Posted by Picasa

I Used:
- Art Nouveau
- Inspired Heart
- CTMH Vanilla Cream ink pad
- Musical Flourish embossing folder (BEAUTIFUL!)
- Stickles
- Papertrey Ink Angeled Die and vintage cream paper (Wow! That stuff is thick!)
- Seam Binding
- .20 Micron Pen

Here's How:
I just received my Art Nouveau cartridge and thought the women in it were so beautiful they could be angels. Flipping thorugh the book, I started thinking about the wings. I didn't want butterfly wings - then she'd look like a fairy. They'd have to be wings from a bird. I didn't want them cartoonish, though. (As you can tell, I was thinking really hard.)Then I saw the swan in the Art Nouveau book. It was perfect.

I used my Gypsy and I cut the woman at a little more than 4 inches. The recommended size is 8 inches but that was too big for what I had in mind. I just crossed my fingers and hoped it would work.

I used the swan wings. Since they were only for the profile of the swan I had to flip the image on my Gypsy to get matching wings.

I used CTMH Vanilla Cream ink pad to color her face and arms. I just took the pieces and dabbed them on the pad. I don't make a lot of people for my cards so I don't need tons of flesh color paper. I thought I'd tried this out and it worked fine.

Putting my angel together was a bit of a challenge because there were so many pieces and they were tiny. Another challenge was that the layer for the hair still included the face part. I think that must be a glitch in the cartridge. (Trust me - I looked and looked for the piece and even in the book the hair layer still includes the face.) I looked at the picture in the book for reference and cut the fact part out. My estimation was pretty good so it fit. Whew! The eyes and the lips were too small to cut correctly so I used a .20 Micron Pen. (I love these pens for details! I bought a bunch more.) I used a finely sharpened red pencil for the lips and Voila! A face!

I added stickles to jazz up my angel on the wings and flowers. I also added a little on the top of her bodice. I used Musical Flourish to emboss the background. Pearl soft green mica was brushed on top for a soft glow. You can't really see it because it so subtle.

I used a Papertrey Ink (PTI) Angled Die for the tag and added the word "Rejoice" from Inspired Heart. I stickled that up, too. Last, I tied up seam binding and added it to the back of the tag.

Have a great day :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :)