Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dreams


I created this card with my mother-in-law in mind. She loves the vintage, shabby chic kind of look.  I don't think it is shabby chic but it has a certain vinatge feel to it.  The twenties beauty is from Hampton Stamps.  I don't remember the collection name but it had two more twenties portaits and a lady that looked like Jospehine Baker.

I Used:
- Hampton Stamps - Twenties Beauty
- K and Company - Que Sera, Sera Paper
- Tim Holtz - Crackle Finish in Clear Rock Candy and Antique Linen Distress Pad
- Prima - flowers
- Viva Pearl Pen - Cream
- Provocraft Cricut Cartridge - Lacy Labels
- Melissa Fances - "Dream" rub on
- Making Memories - dusky blue ribbon
- Tattered Angels - Brown Suede Mist

Here's How:
I used my Imagine to cut out the oval and the frame from the Que Sera, Sera paper with the Lacy Labels cartridge.  I chose a paper from the collection that was light but that still had some of the collage elements. 

I stamped the twenties beauty on the paper and it gave it a worn look.  I added some crackle finish to give it an even more worn, vintage look. 

The crackle finish needs some time to dry so as it was drying, I added the ribbon to the card. 

I spritz the pink prima flowers with Brown Suede by Tattered Angels and pasted to together.  I added a dot of cream colored Viva Pearl.  I tore a piece of paper and distressed it further with Antique Linen.  Irubbed on "Dreams" and placed it on the ribbon.

Once the crackle dried, I pasted the frame onto the portrait.  I thought I was finished but the ribbon looked so plain so I added Viva Pearl dots to the ribbon.  Now it looked finished! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :)