Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthday Wishes


This is a birthday card for my mom. The weather here is so dreary here that I thought a bright, lazy day in the sun kind of card would be a nice reminder of spring days to come.

I Used:
- Crafty Secrets: Sweet Kids
- October Afternoon - Robot Blue Sprinkler
- Marths Stewart - Swirling Lace
- Papertrey Ink - Mega Sentiments: Birthday Wishes
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen
- Ciao Copics and color pencils
- Webster's Pages - Coral Color Sparkler
- Clost to My Heart (CTMH) - Liquid Glass
- Ribbon, glitter, tag, paper from my stash

Here's how
* I stamped the image from Sweet Kids in dark brown on 5 x 5 card stock. Then I colored in using my Copics (my stash is very small) first and then my color pencils.  I added a thin line of the Robot Blue using a Fantastix tool under the hammock to add a shadow and to pick up the color of the ribbon.

* I filled in the hearts with Liquid Glass and added gliter.

* I punched the bottom of the card stock with Swirling Lace to create a border.

* I didn't have the color ribbon I wanted (I don't know how that happened since I have tons of ribbon... maybe I need more?) so I dyed a piece of ribbon with Robot Blue Sprinkler which is pretty muted blue-green. The color is very saturated and took only a couple of spritzs to dye it.

* I bought a paper crafting kit which had a bunch of tags so I used one of the tags and stamped "Birthday Wishes' on it. I punched a hole on the side and looped a piece of matching ribbon through it.

* I inked the edges of the tag and the white cardstock in Antique Linen.

* Last, I added the coral sparkler from Webster's Pages to the tag.



Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, Im visiting from the CC MB. I just wanted to comment on how much I love this card. Very whimsical and very peaceful. I also love all the other projects you posted on the MB, you are very talented and I cant wait to see your future projects and learn from you (If you dont mind :)) TFS!
    Claire
    www.threewaterscreations.com
    PS: Im now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)