Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Dove Sympathy Card


Unfortunately, I needed to make sympathy cards for two people. Their loved ones had lived very full and long lives. To make the cards, I decided to use white on white to give the cards a sense of quiet beauty. In this picture you can see the contrast of the warm and cool whites.



I Used:
- Inpsired Heart Cartridge - Dove and oval layer: <Dove>, <Dove-s>
- Co'ordinations Pearl Paper
- White paper from my stash
- Pearls from my stash
- Crafty Secrets - Card Sentiments: In Deepest Sympathy and May prayer strengthen you and Memories comfort you- Tattered Angels - Marshmallow Mist
- Cuttlebug - Script Folder
- Dew Drop Ink - Starlight Silver

Here's How:
*I cut the Co'ordinations pearl paper at 10 by 7 to make a 5 x 7 card. I cut the dove and layer at 3.02.

*The dove was cut with the pearl paper and the oval layer was cut with plain white paper.

*I ran the oval through the cuttle bug using the script folder and then spritzed it with Marshmallow Mist. I further inked the edges with the Starlight Silver Dew Drop.

*I put the pieces together and you can see the silver in the this picture:


*I stamped the bottom right hand corner with "In Deepest Sympathy" and added pearls next to the "I" and the "S."


*Lastly, I stamped the inside with "May prayer strengthen you and Memories comfort you."


God gave us memories that we might have roses in December.  ~J.M. Barrie, 1922

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :)