Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Party Time!


Today was my mom's birthday party.  She was so happy and had a good time :)  This is the first time I made toppers so I am really pleased with the results.  Usually I make things too small but I think the toppers were just the right dimensions.  I find myself using my ruler a lot for reference now.  It helps me a lot.

I Used:
- Sophisticated Cart - key tags
- Kate's ABCs - "M", I welded it onto the oval circle with my Gypsy
- Art Philosophy - oval scalloped circles
- Country Life - Scalloped banners
- Papertrey Ink - Menhdi Medallion
- Ranger - Perfect Pearls
- Versamark stamp pad
- Paper from my stash


Here's How:

* I stamped my hot pink paper using the Menhdi Medallion with the Versamark and then brushed on the Perfect Pearls.


* Next, I cut out my pieces and put them together. The front and the back of the toppers:




* I stamped "Enjoy" from Mega Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink onto the key tags.


*  I added the sentiment "Absolutely Fabulous" from also Mega Mixed Messages onto the banners.

* Add some curling ribbon, sparklers and it's party time!

Another candle on your cake? Well, that's no cause to pout. Be glad that you have strength enough to blow the damn thing out. ~Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Love your toppers. The curling ribbon added a little extra as well. Oh and the quote at the bottom of your post is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this! Very creative presentations. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful display. I love how you used the perfect pearls and the medallion stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cupcake toppers!!! The colors are so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on the CC MB Use Your Stash thread and just had to come over to see more pics ;). Thanks for the instructions too. I'm sure your mom loved the whole set up. Awesome, awesome work, Lori! You're right - the colors go well together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you birthday items are absolutely stunning! I love what you did with the Mhendi stamping and how you used the keys. The more "sophisticated" carts aren't "my style" because I don't know how to use them.....so I love seeing ideas like this!! Gives me an excuse to add those carts to my wish list!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)