Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - Ghostly Galleon

Wow, it's been a long time since I have posted anything.  Work has been busier than ever - that puts a big dent on crafting!  But I had some time in the morning to create a tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013.  The theme is Halloween and I couldn't wait to start because I had an idea in my mind.  Here it is:




I recently did an ATC in black and white and I wanted to work in black and white again.  Perfect for something Haloweeny!

I added an Idea-ology hole reinforcer with vintage people on the top of my tag to go with my "ghostly" theme.




I stamped my image from Artistic Outpost's Huck Finn set onto to black cardstock with Versamark and embossed it with Frosted Crystals - this stuff is cool!  I dabbed some Perfect Pearls in Pewter onto the embossed image and it "stuck". I  distressed the sides and added some Distress Stain in Weathered Wood on my tag.



I added Distress Stain in White Picket Fence onto the tag and just swished it with my finger (super techie, huh?) to try to make them look like clouds.  I stamped the weathered clock from the Life's Possibilities stamp set using Distress Satin in White Picket Pence, too.


I tried to make waves using my White Picket Fence Distress Marker but that wasn't going so well...

 I threw caution into the wind and the Burlap Stencil on my tag and stomped (instead of gently dabbing) on the the Distress Stain in White Picket Fence.  I spritzed it with water to soften the look. Then I placed my stamped image on top which I had fussy cut and trimmed the sides.




Next, I took my Distress Stickles Dry Glitter in Clear Rock Candy and dyed it with Black Soot Alcohol Ink. It took only like 4 drops and it was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. I spread it over the bottom of the boat and on sections of the ribbon.  The ribbon was dyed with White Picker Fence and Black Soot Distress Markers.  And that's it!  That's all she wrote...



4 comments:

  1. Your tag is so atmospheric! Proper spooky , love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully eerie. I really like how all the shades mix together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I second what toni said up there...proper spooky indeed! Love the ghostly image on your tag--seriously cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)