Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102, Day 5



Last day! Day 5!  Today's focus was on embossing powder.  I tried the Shabby Chic technique ... that was a f.a.i.l.  But I kept on trucking and tried out sticky embosing powder.  You know what's funny? I had a jar of this for YEARS and never used it.  So it felt good to finally use it and I think came out well :)
I used the Baroque die again - I think it is so elegant.  I smushed on some Scattered Straw and Distress Stains and water.  The background came out so soft.  I used Tea Dyed around the edges.   I might try those colors again.  I stamped the background using a stamp from Stampers Anonymous Classics #9 with Antique Linen.

I used the sticky embossing powder and used some copper foil paper I had and burnished it on the embossed area.  I peeled it off and Voila!  Instant shine.  I stamped a sentiment from Unity.  I love this quote because I can get so bogged on something I don't see how wonderful everything else is.  I used a piece of butterfly tissue tape from Idea-ology along the bottom.  I added raffia and a metal tag that had some Antique Linen Distress rubbed on it.

I finished it off with some burlap and a metal hinge pained with Antique Bronze Distress Paint.

With flash so you can the shine :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty - love the glint of gold and the wonderful quote! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)